Friday, October 7, 2011

Sweet potato cookies for a chilly nilly fall morning!

On a chilly morning I decided to make some cookies, to warm the place up a bit. I started with some coconut flour. My new addition to my gluten free baking. This flour is a little hard to work with. If you take a recipe with wheat flour use a little bit less coconut flour and add more wet ingredients then your set.
I wanted to make some pumpkin cookies but ended up making sweet potato because that's what I had. So they turned out delicious. First I made an ordinary batch then added some goodies. Yummm...
Here is the recipe. Enjoy!
Sweet potato cookies

1/2 cup coconut flour and 1/2 cup almond meal
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup canned puree sweet potato
3 eggs
1/4 agave nectar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix dry ingredients together and then mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. Combine together add pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips. spoon onto cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 29 minutes. Cool a bit and eat. Now you have a warm house and delicious cookies to eat. They wont last long because they are so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment