Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Of Color Pink and Grey

These colors remind me of Molly Ringwald in the 80's she wore so much pink and grey! I think she grew up in Sacramento and I played with her in her apartment by McKinley park upstairs. Just a funny memory! 

Peek!
Music makes me happy especially upbeat positive music. When I was a child we would listen to lots of music. I love to sing! As I was making this art piece for SOC I was singing this song "I wanna live" by John Denver my Mom's favorite music when I was little. I wrote it on her dress. I added my own to words as well, I guess live tuned into life and I added other words like I wanna be enlightened, to it as well. 


I used a doily and a stencil of peacock feathers to make pink prints over the background grey gelli print on black paper. This woman is a stencil I drew after seeing some great women stencils from stencil girl. I want to get them but I couldn't wait so I made my own drawing and cut it out. I drew flowers and swirly hair. I also added some tape to the sides.


 I made a second woman with my gelli print background a Super star!


I just love the background gelli print in this one. I drew the heart with wings into the silver paint on the gelli plate and printed on black paper. I painted the pink highlights.


I used the stencil in this one as well but changed her arms and legs a little. 

 My last one was a very textured gelli print to begin with. I drew the stencil in backwards and painted in her pink hair and peacock stenciled in her dress. I added a stool and the words step up! She looks like she's standing for something maybe equality, strength or compassion.



I had a lot of fun with these! I just happened to make the gelli prints with my mixed media group last week and this week I finished them with my mixed media group as well. I enjoy getting together to make art with others, it's so inspiring! The creative energy fills the room.

Happy Creating!

Chandra

Thanks for all your comments :) I love reading them all! 







20 comments:

  1. Wonderful to meet you and I love this piece you created!!! wonderful work and great colours...I am a new follower!!!! Have a wonderful and inspiring day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gelli backgrounds on black paper. Must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with all those elements

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right- the pink and gray is Molly Ringwald! Love how you used your Gelli prints! So glad you shared this with the Colorful Gelli Print Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember that film with Molly. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your gelli backgrounds are pretty nice. I'm just recently learning about from another blog I visit. Great job!
    gloria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work! Love the way you combined the pink and gray.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful. I love the colors and all the pictures of the different parts. What an interesting post

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have really mastered the colours this week, and i like the photos that give us close ups so we can see your details... happy week 4

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the details of this fun and vibrant piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chandra! Your work is so beautiful and very inspiring! I absolutely love how you wrote the words in her dress on your first piece!!!! I love your second super star, and your third girl stepping up! Your pieces are all so upbeat and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE these and I LOVE where you got your girl inspiration from :) I especially like the writing on her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way you have used the colours on these pages. Loved hearing the inspiration behind them. Great work on making your own stencils. :)

    ReplyDelete