Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Altered Book Journals


I have always liked the altered book journals. Some women in my Mixed Media Meetup are interested too so we are having a day of journaling in our altered books on every Second Saturday 10-1pm!  So grab an old book tear out some of the pages to thin it out. Gesso or glue the pages together and bring it in for a wonderful day of journaling. I will have many ideas floating around in my head and from books. Also other Artists will have ideas.

Here is a great video on how to find and prepare your book. I watched this video a few months ago. It is so good she talks about book binding and wet journals, she shows you how to tear out the pages with a ruler and how many to take out.

I'm looking for books this week. Hope you can join us!

Chandra

No comments:

Post a Comment